This recipe is adapted from Renée Loux's book The Balanced Plate. I found out about Renée when I became interested in raw foods. She is a very inspiring healthy eating, healthy living woman.
I have been making variations of this salad for a long time. Tonight was the best one- so I just had to share it with you. Add in or take out the fresh veggies that you love- you won't be disappointed.
-romaine lettuce (washed and chopped)
-1-2 organic tomatoes
-red potatoes (skin on, chopped into cubes)
-2 cobbs of fresh corn, cut off the cob
-1/2 of a bunch of asparagus, chopped
-1/2 of an avocado
-fresh tarragon leaves
**Please note that I didn't put amounts with some of the ingredients. Add in however much you would like to eat! I had a lot of leftover corn and asparagus when I cooked the amount listed above.
-2 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
-1/2 of a tomato, chopped
-1 clove of garlic, chopped
-1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
-1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
-3/4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
-1 tsp maple syrup
-1 tsp soy sauce
-1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
1) Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until tender and drain. Steam the green beans until tender. Sauté the asparagus and corn in coconut oil until tender and cool slightly.
2) Blend all of the dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth.
3) Toss the romaine, green beans, potatoes, tarragon, parsley and chopped tomatoes in some of the dressing until coated. Put on a plate and add olives and cubed avocado.
4) Scoop the sautéed corn and asparagus in the centre and drizzle with more dressing.
5) Season with fresh ground salt and pepper and enjoy!!!!