Mango Smoothie

It's been an interesting few weeks for me. I've decided to take a month 'off' from drinking. Thank goodness I have so many pregnant friends! It's been 3 weeks now- and I've really enjoyed the experience. I have to start by saying that I wouldn't classify myself as a heavy drinker- but binge drinking was definitely something I was doing often enough. I noticed that my health was really being effected by my drinking. I've really enjoyed the time I've had without drinking. I've physically felt so much better, I've been eating better foods and I have more energy. I have more time to spend with people that make me happy and I go into the work week feeling rested. In times where I have been feeling down, or going through something- I immediately long for a drink. Sitting with those feelings and moving through them without booze has been a much more positive (and helpful) experience. My naturopath and yoga instructor, Laura, was talking in class the other day about how we can get out of our own way. I feel like I am finally starting to do so. I guess the challenge is to learn about how I can have some drinks again without getting into the same patterns before. 


Alongside this endeavour, I have also been trying to make sure I get a smoothie in every day, and I have been trying to drink more green juice. I normally make the same old smoothie that I love. It's chocolate and delicious. I had a very ripe ataulfo mango to use, which inspired this chocolate free smoothie. 


Mango Smoothie
-2 cups filtered water
-3 heaping tablespoons hemp seeds
-1 tablespoon chia seeds 
-1 ataulfo mango, peeled and diced
-1 tablespoon maca powder
-1 tablespoon tocotrienols 
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
-1 small medjool date
-3/4 teaspoon cinnamon 
-1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil 


Put the water, chia seeds and hemp into the blender and blend well. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well. I like mine cold, so I leave it in the fridge until cold. You could also add some ice cubes in the blender to make it cold. Enjoy! Hope you're all enjoying your long weekend!


PS- Go to this website to learn about why these foods are good for you! http://www.sunfood.com/

Comments

Popular Posts