So many new changes since I was on here last.
The most significant change in my life is my move in with my amazing boyfriend and his 9 year old son. I couldn't be happier and we are all adjusting well to this big change.
Part of this new living situation has me making food in a new way. I've been trying all kinds of new things to satisfy everyone's needs and likes. It's a balance of not trying to totally change everything but also introducing things that are delicious but new.
I often try to make healthier versions of classics, but when Gerrit requested fettuccine alfredo, I decided to keep it classic! I love to eat super healthy food, but sometimes we all love to enjoy something decadent.
This fettuccine brings the 'fat' into 'get fat with Gat'. It was approved by all!
- 1 package of dried fettuccine noodles
- 4-5 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 package mushrooms of your choice (I used portobello)
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 cups cream (or part cream, part half and half)
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth (or less)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (or more!)