New Potato Salad (Vegan)
This is what you will need for the sauce...
-1 portion of baby new potatoes from your local market (I just used the whole bag I bought)
-1/2 cup of vegenaise
-1/2 to 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
-fresh ground salt and pepper
-6 mini sweet pickles, chopped
-1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
-1 tablespoon of lemon juice
*optional- a couple of tablespoons of fresh dill
1) Boil the cleaned potatoes in salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
2) Drain, and cut the potatoes in half. Once they are in the baking tray, smash them up with the back of a wooden spoon or ladle. You just want to break the skin and split the potatoes a bit. This will help them to brown in the oven. Cover and mix with olive oil and salt and pepper. They should look like this...
3) Place in a 425 degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until crispy. Stir half way through. Your potatoes should look like this when coming out of the oven. See those crispy bits? Yum.
4) In a bowl, mix together the vegenaise, chopped pickles, dijon, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Add dill if desired.
5) Let the potatoes cool in a bowl for about 5 minutes before mixing with the dressing. Enjoy warm while visualising you inner Gwyneth.