New Potato Salad (Vegan)

I just bought Gwyneth Paltrow's new cook book. It's full of healthy and often vegan and gluten-free recipes. The book also serves as a reminder of how beautiful and perfect she is (I will never forget). I have been trying to limit the amount of gluten and dairy I eat. I know I feel better when I eat this way (and maybe I'll start to become a little bit more like her?). Gwyneth loves Vegenaise and uses it in a lot of her recipes. I thought I'd make a potato salad using this ingredient. I was happy with how it turned out!

This is what you will need for the sauce...
New Potato Salad
-1 portion of baby new potatoes from your local market (I just used the whole bag I bought)
-1/2 cup of vegenaise
-1/2 to 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
-fresh ground salt and pepper
-6 mini sweet pickles, chopped
-1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
-1 tablespoon of lemon juice
*optional- a couple of tablespoons of fresh dill

Directions...
1) Boil the cleaned potatoes in salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. 
2) Drain, and cut the potatoes in half. Once they are in the baking tray, smash them up with the back of a wooden spoon or ladle. You just want to break the skin and split the potatoes a bit. This will help them to brown in the oven. Cover and mix with olive oil and salt and pepper. They should look like this...
3) Place in a 425 degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until crispy. Stir half way through. Your potatoes should look like this when coming out of the oven. See those crispy bits? Yum. 
4) In a bowl, mix together the vegenaise, chopped pickles, dijon, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Add dill if desired. 
5) Let the potatoes cool in a bowl for about 5 minutes before mixing with the dressing. Enjoy warm while visualising you inner Gwyneth.


  


Comments

Popular Posts