Hearty Lentil Pasta Sauce

I began to write all about this cleanse I have been doing. 

And then I didn't feel like it. 

I decided I would just share this perfect winter recipe instead. 

Lentil Pasta Sauce
-1 large spanish onion, chopped
-3 carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
-1 zucchini, diced
-olive oil
-2 cloves of garlic, chopped
-2 cans of whole tomatoes with sauce
-1 tablespoon tomato paste
-1 can cooked, organic, lentils 
-fresh basil
-salt and pepper

Directions:
1) Sauté the onions and garlic over medium heat in the olive oil until soft. Add the carrots and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes.
2) Add the tomatoes (with their juices), rinsed (drained) lentils, tomato paste and season with salt and pepper. 
3) Simmer over medium heat, uncovered, until sauce thickens and reduces. Somewhere in between, add chopped fresh basil. 

I ate this over gluten free corn pasta and lots of freshly grated parmesan (optional). It would also be delicious with kalamata olives. 

A very warm, filling and comforting meal. 

Bon Appétit! 

Comments

Popular Posts