Raw Macaroons

As you know, I love finding 'healthier' treats to enjoy. I especially like to avoid processed white sugar. I absolutely love coconut. I've enjoyed raw macaroons at raw food restaurants around Ontario and I decided that I wanted to created some of my own. I couldn't be more pleased with how these turned out. They are perfectly sweet and chewy. Everyone I've shared them with have just loved them. I'm a chocolate lover- but I enjoy the vanilla ones even more. Almond meal can be purchased in the health food section of the grocery store. 
The best part about this recipe is that they only take about 10 minutes to prepare. The most important part is that you LICK your fingers clean after rolling the 'dough' into balls. 
Raw Macaroons 
-3 cups of organic, unsweetened, shredded coconut
-1 cup almond meal
-1 cup raw blue agave
-1 tsp vanilla bean powder
-1/2 tsp sea salt 
-1/4 to 1/2 cup of raw chocolate powder 


Place the coconut, almond meal, vanilla and sea salt in a bowl. Mix to combine. Add the agave and mix until moistened and equally covered. Form half of the 'dough' into small balls and place on sheet in dehydrator. Add the chocolate (to taste) to the mixture and mix to combine. Form balls with the rest of the mixture (mine were quite small) and place on dehydrator rack. Dehydrate at around 115 degrees for 12-15 hours. The dehydrating time will depend on many factors. You want them to be firm on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside. 


*If you don't have a dehydrator, you can bake them in the oven on the lowest heat and keep an eye on them for time. 


Enjoy these sweet sweet treats. 

Comments

  1. These sound and look delicious. -Sarah Mac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are- so simple- yet so delicious!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts